The Danner RAT ( Rugged All Terrain ) Boot is designed to protect the human foot at all costs. They are purpose built rugged and dependable classics. The USMC loves the time honored design and top-notch manufacturing ingenuity exhibited in every pair of Danner handcrafted RAT Boots featuring Danner’s best of class stitchdown construction.
The boot exhibits power, durability, toughness and aggression. It looks like a “ souped up “ combat boot ready to take on any terrain in its way. The standout feature is the Stitchdown Welt which dates back to the 15 th century and perfected over the past 70 + years by Danner ‘s meticoulous attention to manufacturing details. This process consists of sewing a strip of leather between the edge of the combat boot outsole and the turned in edge of the combat boot upper. The RAT Boot’s Vibram 360 outsoles can be replaced without damage to the boot’s upper. You can expect years of reliable wear from your Rugged All Terrain Boots.
This boot features a Gore- Tex lining which will ensure your feet stay dry and comfortable year around. Gore-Tex keeps water out while allowing your foot to breath. The Vibram 360 outsole with Dri Ice delivers an all terrain traversing capability with a rubber compound which resists hardening and contracting on extreme cold surfaces to provide dependable traction in extreme cold conditions.
If you require a ruggedly dependable combat boot that is overbuilt to stand up to years of hard use and punishment the Danner RAT Boots are for you.
Danner RAT Temperate Military Boots
The RAT represents the toughest boot components in the world - all stitched together to create one ultra-rugged war boot. 1000 Denier nylon, full-grain nubuc, and reinforced leather overlays create a fortress of protection and support. Underneath, you'll find Vibram 360 outsoles with Dri Ice for unrivaled flexibility and traction in frigid condition. There's nothing the RAT can't handle.
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable - even in extreme conditions
- Durable full-grain leather topped with a breathable and tear resistant 1000 Denier nylon upper
- Polyurethane coated leather over toe and heel for increased durability
- Danner's hand crafted stitchdown construction provides a wider platform for increased stability underfoot. This construction makes the boot recraftable in our Portland factory
- Speed laces and late-to-toe design
- Extended sizes available for women or those with smaller feet
- Advanced lug design Vibram 360 outsole with Dri Ice remains flexible even in extreme cold for superior traction
- Fiberglass shank
- 8" height
- 70 oz
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers... write a review